Improves general immune health
Maintains overall physical health
Protects against the harmful effects of stress
Promotes healthy energy levels and mental clarity
Find It In
Not all Beta Glucans are the same. There are many subtle, but important differences in structure within the Beta Glucan family that lead to large differences in function and potential health benefits. It’s important to note that when it comes to the immune health properties of yeast beta glucans, the source matters. Beta Glucans extracted from the cell walls of baker’s yeast have a different molecular pattern from that of brewer’s yeast, which can influence the immune-modulating abilities of the final product. The specific source organism (e.g., strain of yeast) of a particular Beta Glucan makes all the difference in terms of safety, mechanism of action, and efficacy.
Wellmune bakers yeast 1,3/1,6 Beta Glucan is a naturally occurring polysaccharide extracted from cell wall of baker's yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) and purified using a proprietary process that has been refined for over a decade.
Extracted in Colombia:
WHY DID WE CHOOSE THIS BRAND
Proof of efficacy substantiated through strong research. Over 12 published, peer-reviewed clinicals with outstanding results on efficacy and safety
A patented, award winning global brand
Safe to take daily
A natural ingredient with broad regulatory approvals, globally including GRAS status in the U.S. and novel food approval in Europe and China. Sold in 60 countries
Wellmune supports immune function without over-stimulating the immune system. It is an immune modulator and not an immune stimulant
Scientific understanding of Wellmune’s mechanism of action in the body of priming the neutrophils is well documented in published, peer-reviewed research
The ingredient is characterised. Ingredient characterisation results in consistency in manufacturing, stability and efficacy, and shelf-life testing
Broad Spectrum of protection and benefits
Broad Extraction Process
- Fermentation: Proprietary strain of yeast is fermented. Beta glucan is present in the yeast cell wall
- Extraction: Water washing process to remove protein, fat from the cell wall
- Purification Beta glucan left after the water treatment is purified and ph adjusted
- Drying: Finally, gently dried to get it in dry powered and sieved
- Heavy Metals
- Microbiological Contamination
- Gluten Free
How Does Wellmune Work?
1. Feldman S, Schwartz HI, Kalman DS, Mayers A, Kohrman HM, Clemens R, Krieger DR. (2009) Randomized Phase II Clinical Trials of Wellmune® for Immune Support During Cold and Flu Season. Journal of Applied Research 9:30-42.
2.Carpenter KC, Breslin WL, Davidson T, Adams A, McFarlin BK. (2013) Baker's Yeast Beta-Glucan Supplementation Increases Monocytes and Cytokines Post-Exercise: Implications of Infection Risk? British Journal of Nutrition 109:478-486.
3.Talbott SM, Talbott JA, Talbott TL, Dingler E. (2013) "ß-Glucan Supplementation, Allergy Symptoms and Quality of Life in Self-Described Ragweed Allergy Sufferers. Food Science & Nutrition 1:90-101.
4.Fuller R, Butt H, Noakes PS, Kenyon J, Yam TS, Calder PC. (2012) Influence of Yeast- Derived 1,3/1,6 Glucopolysaccharide on Circulating Cytokines and Chemokines with Respect to Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
5.Talbott SM, Talbott JA. (2012) Baker's Yeast Beta-Glucan Supplement Reduces Upper Respiratory Symptoms and Improves Mood State in Stressed Women. Journal of the American College of Nutrition 31:295-300.
5.Talbott S, Talbott J. (2009) Effect of Beta 1,3/1,6 Glucan on Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Symptoms and Mood State in Marathon Athletes. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 8:509-515.
6. Talbott S, Talbott J. (2010) Beta 1,3/1,6 Glucan Decreases Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Symptoms and Improves Psychological Well-Being in Moderate to Highly-Stressed Subjects. Agro FOOD Industry Hi-Tech 21:21-24.
7.Fuller R, Moore MV, Lewith G, Stuart BL, Ormiston RV, Fisk HL, Noakes PS, Calder PC. (2017) Yeast-Derived Beta 1,3/1,6 Glucan, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection and Innate Immunity in Older Adults. Nutrition 39-40:30-35.
8.Mah E, Kaden VN, Kelley KM and DJ Liska. (2018) Beverage Containing Dispersible Yeast B-Glucan Decreases Cold/Flu Symptomatic Days After Intense Exercise: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Dietary Supplements, DOI: 10.1080/19390211.2018.1495676.
9. McFarlin BK, Carpenter KC, Davidson T, McFarlin MA. (2013) Baker's Yeast Beta Glucan Supplementation Increases Salivary IgA and Decreases Cold/Flu Symptomatic Days After Intense Exercise. Journal of Dietary Supplements 10:171-183.